Sunday, October 9, 2011

9 Days to go!!

Today, there is 9 days until I have Gastric Bypass surgery. Its weird, Im not even nervous. There has been a lifetime leading up to this point, and now im just so relieved and excited its almost here. Im over being the big girl, in every aspect of my life, with my family, with my friends and at work. I need this surgery, Ive been trying for my whole adult life (and teenage life, and even in primary school, i was the youngest member of our local weight watchers!) to lose weight. Always failing miserably and ending up gaining more after. Its not an unusual story really from what im finding around on blogs and forums, my story is quite a common one. Sad, but im glad I didnt just give up, I found some guts and consulted with a surgeon. After a very LONG 2 years on the public waiting list, I had enough. I decided to consult with a private surgeon, he is fantastic and will be operating on me, next tuesday (18th October 2011).



Today, My hubby took my before photos. I wish i hadve done them before i started optifast 3 months ago before I lost about 20kg. We also did my measurements. Im going to use them to judge my weightloss when the scales are being assholes (which they do often). so here are my before pictures, and my measurements. eeek!!!


Measurements:


start weight- 150kg :(


Current Weight- 128.6kg (Yuck!!)


Height- 158cm


Neck- 38.5cm


Bust- 135cm

Under Bust- 120cm


Waist- 136.5cm


Hips- 153cm


Thigh- left- 85cm, right- 84cm


Calf- left- 48.5cm, right- 57cm


Ankle- left- 25.5cm, right- 27cm


Upper arm- left- 47cm, right- 49cm

Forearm- left- 30.5cm, right- 29cm


Wrist- left- 16cm, right- 16cm

How embarassing! Those numbers are horrid! Im hoping to the gods that I'll never be that size again.

No comments: