Monday, October 10, 2011

1 week to go!

This time next week I'll be laying in the ICU after my surgery, I cant wait!
I had my pre-admissions appointment yesterday at Flinders, It was a looooonnnng and boring day. I was told alot of things I already know, but I'm glad they went through it all and made sure that I knew what I was getting into. I met with an Anethetist, probably not the one doing my surgery (depends on who is working that day) and he went through my pain relief options, the general anaesthetic (spelling) and all the other shit he needs to. I've decided to go with an epidural for pain relief. I was discussing this with my hubby in the car on the way home, He had to pull the car over and get out because thinking/ talking about epidural makes him feel like he was going to faint lol. It was hilarious! His reaction to it amazes me. Im the one getting a needle in my spine and he gets squeemish lol. His reaction was the same when I had them in childbirth, he had to leave the room. Good thing he wont be in surgery with me.
At the hospital they took bloods to check all my levels and my liver function. For people who dont know about weight loss surgeries, Overweight/Obese people generally have an enlarged fatty liver, and before surgery we need to shrink them (usually with the help of optifast). Well my liver is looking perfect all ready for my surgery :) I have been really worried because my surgeon has said before, that they will cut me open and stitch me back up with no bypass if I havent properly stuck to opti and shrunk my liver. Ive been a good girl with my diet so im so happy its paid off :)
coco
xo

No comments: